The Enforcer -- Odessa Jackalopes Blog

THE ENFORCER

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Circelli Headed to Sweden


Hello fellow Jackalope fans. I have some pretty disappointing news today as it has been announced that Collin Circelli has left the Jackalopes to play in Sweden for the 2010-2011 season. I was very disappointed when I heard this news as Circelli was one of my favorite players from the Jacks, and seeing our top goal scorer from last season leave the team is definitely hard to take in. Now the Jacks, in my opinion, need to add another big goal scorer in the offseason. With that said, I definitely wish Circelli all the luck in the world overseas. Who knows, maybe we will see him back in a Jackalope sweater some day. You can read the article pertaining to Circelli heading to Sweden at this website: www.khk.se/?id=45243 In order to read this article, however, you will need to find a way to translate it to English.


I would also like to let those that do not know yet that the Amarillo Gorillas are no more. They have ceased operations, and will have a press conference tomorrow to announce possible new locations for the franchise. I must say that this is very bad news, even though this was pretty much expected by many people. The old Southwest Division is slowly beginning to disappear... lets hope the Jackalopes will be around for years to come. I would like to say that I'm sorry to all of the passionate Amarillo Gorilla fans that have now lost their team. Even though we have had our differences over the years, I always hate to see a team go dark. We can always use new Jackalope fans... you guys are always welcome to join us at the ECC.


With all of this said, I'm going to go ahead and wrap things up here. If I hear of any more news pertaining to the Jacks or CHL in the coming days, I will more than likely blog.


Until next time Jackalope fans all I have to say is GO JACKS GO!!! and damn you Sweden! ; )

5 comments:

  1. lol..thanks for the last line... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jackalope fans, I am a fan of KHK in Sweden. We look forward to se Circelli in our team and we hope that he would be as good goalscorer as he have been in your team. We also going to have Ed Mcgrane from Colorado Eagels in our team, is he as good as Circelli? The first game they play in KHK will be against Icebreakers. Icebreakers is a summerteam with Swedish NHL players so they will meet Zetterberg from Detroit, Sedin brothers from Vancouver, Peter Forsberg, and alots of other Swwedish NHL players. We hope that Cicelli will be a big star in Sweden in our team Karlskrona HK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KHK fan, thank you for commenting on my last post. Seeing Circelli leave the Jackalopes was very hard for me as he is a tremendous player, and a top notch goal scorer. He had his best season of his professional career last season with the Jacks, and he will be sorely missed. With that said, I wish him nothing but the best in Sweden. Of course, I would love to see him in a Jackalope sweater again some day, but I wish him all the best nonetheless. I think adding Circelli and McGrane to your team will only help your team, and I too hope that Circelli will become a big star on your team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collin Circelli is amazing he´s scoring every game for KHK.
    Thanks !
    Marcus KHK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear, Marcus. We definitely miss Collin here in Odessa, and I am very happy that he has been successful for your team so far. If you ever get a chance to talk to him, let him know that his fans from Odessa sure do miss him, and wish him all the best in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete