The Enforcer -- Odessa Jackalopes Blog

THE ENFORCER

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jacks Add Two


The Odessa Jackalopes have announced today that they have signed JR Bria and Paul Kelly for the 09-10 season. Paul Kelly joined the Jacks late last season after spending much of the season with the Rapid City Rush. He proved to be a solid forward who scored timely goals and was very good at faceoffs. JR Bria signs with the Jacks after being sent to Odessa from the Mudbugs to complete the Mark Johnson trade from last season. You can view Bria's statistics at http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71377. Personally, I like both of these signings. For those of you that read my "who stays and who goes list" on the CHL Forum, you know that Kelly was one of the players that I wanted the Jacks to keep for the upcoming season. He was a total surprise for the Jacks, and I expect big things from him in the 2009-2010 season. As for Bria, I think that he is a good player as well. I think the Jacks needed to improve the defense for the 09-10 season, and they are definitely proving that they are looking for quality defenseman by signing Bria. Although he is not really known for putting up big numbers, his plus/minus rating from last season was very good. Hopefully the Jacks will drop some of the dead weight on the defensive side from last season in Ryan Palmer and Garrett Gruenke. I know that many Jack fans disagree with me on that, but I feel that Palmer took stupid penalties in crucial games while Gruenke never really did impress me. I guess Gruenke can be given a little slack for the simple fact that he was a rookie and had to take a huge role by being the Jack's enforcer when Joly went down for the season. Palmer, on the other hand, must go in my opinion. With that being said, hopefully the Jacks will be announcing some big names pretty soon, and hopefully the 2009-2010 season will finally be the Jacks time to bring home the cup. You can read the article on the signings of Bria and Kelly at the Jackalopes website at
http://www.jackalopes.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=235:06story02&catid=69:newstory&Itemid=119.

Until next time Jack fans all I have to say is GO JACKS GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment