The Enforcer -- Odessa Jackalopes Blog

THE ENFORCER

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Schedules, Signings, and Predictions!!!


Hello fellow CHL and especially Odessa Jackalope fans! It has been a while hasn't it? I have been very busy lately, but now I have a little time to express my opinions on what has been going on in the league here lately.


First, lets start with the schedule. It was finally released last week, and I must say that I prefer it over last seasons joke of a schedule. It is more fair and balanced, and we get to see all of the new teams, including the Rapid City Rush, which we did not see last season. I am also very happy that we play the Texas Brahmas an equal amount of times both in Odessa and North Richland Hills. The only problem with that is that we only play the Brahmas a total of four times, which is a shame since the Jacks and Bulls developed a pretty heated rivalry last season. Who knows, maybe we will see them in the playoffs once again with different results. We also see Laredo quite a bit more this season, which is a good thing in my honest opinion. I am actually planning some trips not only to Laredo next season, but to Hidalgo as well to watch the Jacks beat up on the Bucks and Bees. The Jacks home opener will be on October 16, with the Jacks taking on the IceRays which will surely be a very good game for the fans. We will also see the return of Scott Hillman when he and his Mavericks roll into town which will definitely be a surreal feeling for all of the die-hard Jack fans. Rumour has it that his jersey will be retired that night, which Hillman definitely deserves. Although it may be a night to honor the Jackalope known as Scott Hillman, I truly hope that the Jacks give a big Odessa beating to the Mavs and show Hillman that the Jacks are better than ever, and are here to win. I could go into more detail about the schedule and break it down and give you every single stat known to man, but too many people have already done that, and I don't want to sound repetitive.


Now lets move on to recent Jackalope signings shall we? Jackalope faithful received fantastic news when we all found out that Jeff Pierce has re-signed with the Odessa Jackalopes. This guy was fantastic in his rookie year with the Jacks averaging over a point per game last season, and I fully expect him to do even bigger and better things this season. The Jackalopes also announced the signing of forward Martin Paquet, who played in France last season. Paquet, a former Brahma, is also a high scoring forward that averages over a point per game. He is a big pickup for the Jacks, and from what I have heard from some Brahma fans, the Jacks definitely got that much better with the addition of Mr. Paquet. Things are definitely looking good on paper for the Jacks so far. Rumour also has it that Jean Bourbeau and Juha Toivonen have signed with the Jacks, but the Jackalope website has not yet confirmed these rumours. If they turn out to be true, I will be elated as these two guys were a big part of the Jacks success last season.


Lastly ladies and gentlemen I am going to make my predictions for the Southern Conference. I will do my Northern Conference finals a little later, but lets get down to business, shall we?


1.) Odessa Jackalopes

2.) Texas Brahmas

3.) Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees

4.) Laredo Bucks

5.) Corpus Christi IceRays

6.) Arizona Sundogs

7.) Allen Americans

8.) Amarillo Gorillas


I think the Jacks and Brahmas will be battling for that top spot all season long, but I think the Jacks will be even better than last seasons team (which is saying alot) and I think the Jacks are going to take the Southern Conference in the 2009-2010 season.


Until next time Jack fans all I have to say is GO JACKS GO!!! and October can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment